i don’t have many links or much excitement to post today. instead, i’m going to list ten things i’m grateful for this morning.
1) birdsongs and fresh morning air
2) falling leaves, and watching them dance to the ground
3) reading lovey e-mails from 2002
4) perusing etsy for christmas presents and trinkets
5) lovey calling right as i pick up the phone to call him
6) allowing myself to participate in nanowrimo, and thoroughly enjoying it
7) my children, for keeping me on my toes.
8) motivation, not procrastination.
9) the calloused yet tender hands that mine fit perfectly into. the first time we held hands, we were at my little brother’s football game. it was quite cold, and everyone had blankets and hats and scarves and was acting like it was a blizzard. we were sitting by each other, and kept doing the pinky thing, feeling out whether the other wanted to hold hands. after about ten minutes of piddling around, i took a deep breath and over-exaggeratedly grabbed brady’s hand. we both kind of laughed, and then were relieved to find that they fit together perfectly. and after seven years, they still fit perfectly. i’m so grateful for that. i’m more than certain we will never outgrow each other.
10) so many projects! so much creativity! i’ve really hit a burst of energy, and i’m flowing with it. knitting hats, knitting a sweater, taking pictures, working on the novel, nursing my baby, running my home, cooking breakfast, lunch & dinner, dealing with tantrums and fits from preschoolers, entertaining and playing with the kids: it’s all art. and i’m feeling in stride and graceful about all of it. dare i say that i feel i’ve hit a stride i haven’t felt in quite some time.
one extra: 11) you! i’m grateful for the folks that read my blog, and take the time to email or comment and let me know they appreciate what i write. i’m glad to have something that’s resonated with people, and it’s lovely to feel interconnected on this crazy information superhighway.